Experts say that when it comes to getting wrinkles, 10% is genetics - but the other 90% is environment and lifestyle. This is great news! Why? Because it means you have greater control over your skin and how badly - and quickly - the wrinkles. In fact, you can start today to make changes in lifestyle that literally save your skin and prevent wrinkles, whenever possible. In particular, lifestyle tips are proven to protect and nourish your skin: 1. Protect your skin from the sun - no doubt the sun is the worst enemy of your skin.
The sun's ultraviolet radiation causes the collagen and elastin in the skin is broken, leading to premature wrinkles. One of the changes in lifestyle best you can do is use a good sunscreen every day. 2. No smoking - harmful toxins in cigarette smoke do all sorts of bad things to your skin, especially facial skin. Not only break down collagen and elastin, as sunlight does, but also destroys the skin from inside. Avoid breathing toxins all day and expect your skin healthy. If you smoke, do you have to do to quit smoking.
If you do not smoke, do not even think about starting! 3. Do not drink - Alcohol is not good for the skin. One or two drinks once in a while, probably will not hurt. But if you're drinking every day, your skin will definitely not be as healthy as could be. Besides containing toxins, alcohol also dehydrates the body, which is never good for the skin. Old drinkers almost always have more wrinkles and "ugly" spots of the skin with more than nondrinkers. 4. Get enough sleep - When you do not get enough sleep, for one night, looking and feeling horrible. But when you are chronically sleep-deprived skin, literally, you can start sharing. Why? Because we are enabling it to be repaired. Your skin is the largest organ in the body, and your body repairs its organs, while his dream. Try going to bed early and at the same time every night. Also, you can try the natural supplement of melatonin. Recent research shows that only needs about 0.3 mg to sleep and wake up without feeling dizzy, and much less than the 1-3 milligrams contained in most supplements of melatonin. 5. Low stress - Doctors have long known that stress has many negative effects on the body. Chronically high levels of stress hurt the skin, no doubt. First, if you're always stressed, you're probably not getting enough sleep quality (see above). Second, stress hormones that are produced in a state of high tension are very harmful to the skin. Third, when stressed, the skin receives less blood flow because your body directs more blood to your internal organs in an effort to prepare for "fight or flight" - the tension there are reasons in the first place. 6. Eat antioxidants - Antioxidants increase the capacity of body to fight free radicals and protect skin from damage. Many of the new anti-wrinkle skin creams contain ingredients tons of antioxidants. Colorful fruits and vegetables are some of the best sources of antioxidants. But one must also consider supplementing with more vitamin C and vitamin E. Also, some people have made great "healthy skin" results with the new OPC dietary supplements. Janie Roberts is a writer for the Anti-Wrinkle Guide. You can learn more about the fight against wrinkles effectively by visiting: